The rise of technology has allowed us to take charge of our own health care. You no longer have to be a nurse to know about your own health. Of course, you are better off when you work with a health care professional to keep track of your health, but you can be a more active participant than ever before.
Technology is providing ways to make knowledge more accessible, whether it’s your own health records, or new ways to monitor your vitals. In the end, this makes patient interaction with health care professionals more effective and more meaningful. There are plenty of companies eager to help you learn more about your own health. Here are 25 Health 2.0 companies ready to help you keep on top of your health:
Electronic Health Records
These companies offer you access to your own health records, as well as helping you share them with members of your health team.
- Practice Fusion: This web based electronic health records management system is meant for doctors, but it can also be helpful to you. You can get better access to your health records. This means that you can check for errors, and see what sorts of things have been noted about your health. It also helps doctors provide better information. This startup offers a meaningful way to use electronic health records to help you make better, more informed health decisions.
- Google Health: Google is definitely working to get into the game when it comes to electronic health records. You can control your health information, update it and more form a central control center offered by Google. You can import your medical records, and keep tabs on your various conditions as well. A very convenient personal health records service that can be accessed from anywhere with the Internet. Google really is striving to be the one stop place for everything you need in your life.
- Allscripts: This company offers access to electronic health records and practice management. Even though this startup aims at helping doctors with electronic health records, it can still help you learn more about your health. Being able to share your records amongst members of your health care team, as well as being able to check for accuracy, is a great help. You can more easily learn about your health when the information is in one place.
- eClinicalWorks: Another electronic health records startup company aimed at medical practice, this system can be a great help. When your health care professional has quicker access to your records, and more uniform access, you have better information as well. If you want to learn more about your health, it can help to have a health care team that is well informed. This company is helpful, too, in providing information on using electronic health records in a meaningful way.
- ClearHealth Inc.: You can learn more about your health when your health care professional makes use of this practice management system. Learn more about health in America, and what can be done about. When your health care professional is more up to date, so are you, and this startup company is providing helpful answers to a number of medical issues. Includes some great features that make it easier to access your health.
- Microsoft HealthVault: Technology startup Microsoft has its own helpful way for you to manage your own health. HealthVault allows you to add in electronic health records, as well as keep track of other aspects of health care, including cost. You can set up a profile for your entire family, helping you manage everyone’s health care from one location. It’s a simple way to make sure that everything is in order, and to keep up with what’s going on with your own health. A useful tool.
- MyPHR: You can create your own health record, and keep up with how things are going with your health. Import medical records, and update your medical information. Not only is this great for keeping track of your own health, but it can also help you organize information so that it is easily accessible by members of your health care team. There is no need to rely on someone else for your health information; you can have it on your own. A good way to keep up with the basics of your own health.
- WebMD Health Manager: Create your own personal health record, and keep track of health changes. This respected medical web startup offers you the ability to track your own health, and keep up with what is going on in your health. Plus, you get access to the great tools offered by WebMD when it comes to your health.
Prevention, Care and Monitoring
Learn more about health behaviors, and what you can do to improve your own health. Plus, track your own health, and get access to superior primary care.
- Ringful Health: This startup focuses on helping you learn all about your own health, and monitoring your own systems. You can use the interesting apps this company creates to help you keep track of pollen for allergies, asthma, and your heart. Also includes a pain manager. On top of that, Ringful offers useful apps that help you find out about medical costs and compare hospitals. A startup company providing a comprehensive range of helpful apps that can help you take charge of your health.
- MDVIP: Join this network and get access to some of the best and brightest doctors and health care professionals. The idea is to help you get the best primary care and preventative medicine out there. This startup company goes “beyond concierge medical care” to help patients get exactly what they are looking for, and learn more about their own health. A way to track your health care outcomes and compare what has been happening in your health.
- Access Health: If you are looking for primary, same day care in the San Francisco Bay Area, this startup company can help. You can enter what you need, and get access to transparent health care. You can get help quickly and get preventative medicine help with this startup. Prices are relatively transparent, and it is possible to get appointments seven days a week. This is one of the startups offering more personal and convenient health care.
- Qliance: Preventative care is one of the main focuses of this health startup. It is patient centered, and offers same day appointments in the Seattle area. You can learn more about your health from helpful doctors, and cut out the insurance company. Pricing is transparent and affordable, and it is health care that is on demand. You pay a monthly membership, and then get access to what you need. It’s an innovative and consumer focused way of doing health care.
- 1Life Healthcare: Another startup offering boutique medical care. If you live in New York City or San Francisco Bay Area, you can get access to high quality health care when you need it. There are a number of online health tools that can help you check symptoms and monitor your health and keep up with what is happening with your health. I great company that can help you keep on top of your health, and learn more about it.
- DoubleCheckMD: This useful and helpful startup helps you check symptoms and interactions related to drugs. It mostly focuses on those who need to take multiple drugs. It’s a great tool to help you monitor your health, and to monitor your drug interactions. Pay attention to your symptoms, and this tool can help you figure out what could be causing complications. Or, better yet, provide warning before you take something that could interact badly.
- MyMedLab: You can order your tests online, and then go to an approved lab to have your blood drawn. The results of the tests are then sent to you electronically. The lab tests are affordable, and they provide you with the ability to keep tabs on your own health easily.
Health Care Costs
In the name of transparency, some startups are offering you access to cost information for common procedures, as well as analysis on whether or not certain procedures are cost efficient.
- Castlight Health: This startup company is devoted to providing you with the actual costs for medical care. The idea is to help you learn more about what different health care decisions will cost you, in order to help you learn more about the cost of your own health. It’s a very useful tool that can help you learn more about health costs and make better choices for yourself, and it can help you determine whether or not you are being offered a fair price.
- Quicken Health: Learn more about medical expenses, and track your own expenses. It’s a helpful way to learn more about your health insurance plan, and keep track of expenses associated with your health care. Also lets you know your responsibility for expenses. It’s a great way to keep track of what you are doing, and how much it is costing you. Learn more about your own health — and what you pay to remain healthy.
- Healthcare Blue Book: Learn more about fair prices for different health care and medical services. A great guide if you are interested in learning how much your health should cost. Includes hospital, doctor, lab and cosmetic medicine information. This is especially helpful when you are looking for something that your health insurance doesn’t cover. It can provide you with solid information about what things should cost, so that you can pay out of pocket.
- New Choice Health: This startup also helps you figure out health care costs. Not only can you use it to compare costs and find fair rates for different procedures, but you can also get different quotes from difference providers. This is helpful when it comes to your own health outcomes. Learn how to save money on your health care, and make better decisions. You should know how much health care is going to cost you, and this startup makes the process a little more transparent.
- Carol: Learn more about different services, and their costs. The idea behind this site is to package different health care services together, and work in volume. Puts packages together so that you can look at more affordable outcomes. An interesting company in the world of health care.
Health Care Grades
Not only can you learn more about your own health, but you can take charge of it. Find out how health care professionals rate, and share your own experiences in health care.
- Vitals: Learn more about doctors, and how they perform. This site allows you to check up on your doctor. See information about how other patients rate your doctor, and also see what sort of rating his or her medical school had, and see the rating for the hospital your doctor uses. You can also find doctors in your area, helping you choose the doctor that best fits your idea of good care. It’s a great way to take charge of your health care, since you will learn about what you are getting.
- RateMDs: Another rating service that helps you determine whether or not your doctor is up to snuff. You can share your own ratings for your doctor, or read what fellow patients are saying about your doctor. It’s a great way to learn — from other consumers — about the quality of health care you are receiving. If you aren’t satisfied, you can always use the site to look for someone who suits you better. A great resource for remaining solidly in charge.
- HealthGrades: If you are interested in learning about what’s available to you in terms of health care, you can use this site. It includes a look at top hospitals, and offers ratings for more than 750,000 physicians. You can also get good information on nursing homes, and get reports almost instantly. A way to access specialists and hospitals as well as doctors. Learn more about your health, and take better charge of your health care.
- Find a Doc: Compare different doctors, and leave reviews of your own doctors. A great way to be more informed of your health care options. So often we don’t realize what our choices are. Find a Doc is a startup that can help you get the quality health care you want. Includes and advanced search that includes specialties, so you can search according to your individual needs, rather than just relying on a random choice out of the phone book.
- DrScore.com: If you are interested in promoting pay for performance in the health industry, DrScore.com can be a good place to participate. Learn more about what others are saying about your doctor, and share your own thoughts. A great way to make sure you are getting the best possible health care.